EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up

My Cowboy Heart

My Cowboy Heart - Z.A. Maxfield This is definitely a 5+ star read for me and I'm surprised to see so many 4 star reviews! The writing in this is just beautiful and the characterizations so rich and true and I actually found myself slowing down to savor every word.

Some of the things I loved:
* the soap opera that ensued when a gorgeous young cowboy was dropped into an isolated bunk house with 3 supposedly straight ranch hands -- ay carumba!
* the first person voice of Speed. His internal thoughts as he realized he had feelings for a man and was likely gay despite years of who-knew were so spot on and rich with with honesty. So often in stories where one MC is undergoing a change like this it's glossed over or unrealistic -- not here
* the Crandall character
* loads of great dialogue/banter -- no "we talked for hours and he was so clever" here. Z.A. delivers the goods and then piles more goods on top of that.
* the ranch, the animals.
* threep

There isn't much I didn't like about this book other than the plotline got pretty sad when a major character is lost and the future is uncertain. It was all well-done and, well, was the plot of the book, but I really found all that very secondary to the actual language of the book and the characters.

Thank you, Z.A. for a wonderful read. I look forward to the next book in the series.