EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up
Omorphi - C. Kennedy I can hardly believe I read this book -- at 750 pages, it's WAY longer than I normally prefer. But I was intrigued by the blurb and the cover and the reviews, so I went for it.

Overall, the book kept me engaged and I really liked the MCs and the hurt/comfort romance plotline. I enjoyed the femininity of Christy's character and how Michael accepted that (I'm also a huge fan of Andrej Pejic!) The UST and sexual elements were nicely done. I liked the friends at school -- Jake and Lisa etc. For the fact that is kept me reading for 750 pages (miracle!) I give this book, and promising author, 4 stars.

I think the book could have used stronger editorial guidance. It did not need to be so long and there were many repetitive plot elements that were hard to swallow--as others have mentioned, the sheer incompetence of the police and security allowing the violent antagonists to escape so they could attack again and again. I also felt there were *too many* enemies, all seemingly unrelated. The amount of violent homophobia in this story was a bit extreme.

That being said, I did enjoy the romance plot a lot and the drama kept me reading despite the above issues. I am looking forward to seeing what C. Kennedy does in the future!