EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up
Kamikaze Boys - Jay Bell 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed the first half of this book, with the two boys getting together and forming a relationship. I enjoy high school m/m romances, and the characters in this one were interesting and likable. I particularly liked Connor's 'misunderstood pscyho' reputation and Connor's family issues.

The second part of the book, with the prison and mental ward were a bit too much for me. I'm fine with a little angst in my romance, but I get frustrated when it feels like an author is continually hitting the characters over the head just to create drama. In particular, when David walked into that juvie mental institution (a place with electro-shock therapy no less) I was like no, seriously? He'd done what his father wanted with the cops, and agreed to go to group therapy, and nevertheless his father just suddenly up and has him committed? It felt WAY too extreme and unlikely. And then later, his dad just randomly changes his mind and lets David out--conveniently just in time to be there when Connor is released from prison. I felt the book would have been stronger and more believable without any of that, hence my lowered rating.

Despite the heavy serving of angst, I did enjoy most of the book and the writing was very good. I thought the depiction of the mind-set of characters of this age was spot on and that can be hard to achieve. I will check out more of the author's work.