EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up
The Rebuilding Year - Kaje Harper This was a two-way GFY (Gay For You) story. One MC, John, is divorced and has never been with anyone besides his ex-wife before, but he falls for a man. The other MC, Ryan, is a long-standing skirt chaser who'd never had a serious relationship with a woman. They becomes friends, roommates, and then lovers.

I always enjoy a good GFY story, seeing how a writer deals with a person overcoming their mental biases to accept a gay relationship. Plus it adds to the UST if there's the obstacle of acceptance coming between the two characters. This story was well-written and plotted and, while perhaps not at the tip top of my GFY favorites, or offering anything particularly new, it's a good, solid read. I enjoyed the inclusion of the kids in the story. The little mystery sub-plot was interested and added a nice little extra twis.

One nit: The reaction of the ex-wife and her husband was quite over the top. They live in L.A. and yet had a stone age attitude towards the idea of a gay couple.