EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up
Aaron - J.P. Barnaby Wow! I do not like angst, so I have been avoiding this book for awhile. I decided to dig in because it's BOM in the m/m romance group. I'm very impressed that the author was able to grab me from the very beginning and never lost me. I stayed up til 1 a.m. last night reading and finished it this morning. I really loved it. Despite the dark subject matter, I always felt really drawn to the characters. I think it was Spencer, who had a lighter storyline throughout, despite his deafness, that made Aaron's story more bearable. I loved seeing Aaron break through his shell for Spencer. The relationship was slowly developed over a period of time and it felt natural and not rushed.

I'd read in other comments about his mother's extreme reaction, and I feared she was going to be against Aaron and Spencer's gay relationship, and I was dreading that part. But that was not what happened. She was against Aaron's therapist and I felt that angst plot point did make sense to me and was satisfactorily resolved without unwarranted ridiculousness.

A full five stars from me--first, for making me love, and stay engaged with, an angsty book. But mostly for the excellent job the author did handling the plotline, the flow and the characters. I really ended up loving Aaron and Spencer and being very moved by their story.