EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up

Hairy Harry's Car Seat

Hairy Harry's Car Seat - Sue  Brown I really enjoyed this book and read it in one go. It may be one of the more realistic 'gay for you' stories I've read.

Peter meets Evan, a young vet, when his dog Harry needs to be put down. I can tell you, I cried through those first 20 or so pages. I have 3 dogs myself and the very idea! So verklempt. But it was a good set-up for the relationship as Even befriends Peter and keeps calling and stopping by.

Evan is openly gay. Peter is a straight divorced man. Yet Peter is lonely. He really enjoys Evan's company and starts to find him attractive. His struggle to understand that and let it be is very well portrayed.

I personally am a believer that you can fall in love with someone of the same gender even if you're not homosexual. And loving someone can make them physically attractive. This was the impression I got from this story, which is a lot more realistic than 'hey, I'm 40 and never realized I'm actually gay.'

The story was long enough to feel like a complete read but not stuffed with filler. The side characters were good. Evan came off as a bit childish at times, but then, we can be, can't we? Thumbs way up.