EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up
The Zero Knot - K.Z. Snow 3.5 stars. I admire K.Z. Snow's writing ability and this book is certainly well-written. I liked both the MCs and Jess' family was well drawn.

I had to push myself through the book, though, because the plot line was not so much my thing. The two MCs are long-time gay friends just out of high school. They get together early on in the story and then there's essentially a lot of angst that keeps them apart through most of the book. The angst is both internally generated (misunderstandings, I don't want to be hurt, etc) and then externally generated by a third party.

Not being much of a fan of angst, this story structure is just not my favorite. I prefer a slower build up of attraction and UST and some fun between the MCs. But I really can't fault the book for my own tastes in romance. If you like a lot of coming-of-age angst and mental wrangling, this book is a good choice.