EliEaston

Eli Easton Reads

My foray into m/m romance

Catch a Ghost
Amy Lane
Irregulars
Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon
Zombie Boyz
T.J. Klune, Eric Arvin, Ethan Stone, Daniel A. Kaine, Ethan Day, Geoffrey Knight
Winter Heat: Erotic Stories to Warm Your Life
Sara York, A.J. Llewellyn, Serena Yates, T.A. Webb, Julie Lynn Hayes, C.R. Guiliano, Patricia Logan, Ike Rose, Donya Lynne, Kimber Kahn, Daniel B. Johns
Steamed Up
A Better Man - Jaime Reese, R.J. Scott 3.5 stars, rounded up.

I enjoyed the start of the story and the set-up was sexy. I really liked the way R.J. described Julian, the contractor--he was very hot. I enjoyed the ending as well with the evil character getting her comeuppance. The middle, though, dragged for me and I had to push myself through it.

That's often a problem when the big UST moment is resolved and the characters are together unless there's a very strong secondary plotline going on. It felt like it took too long to resolve the family plotline with other angst in there as filler that wasn't very believable or compelling (Julian's backstory was sort of thrown out there and then never really mentioned again).

I do like the idea of this series (a halfway house) and I'm curious about future residents and their stories--I'll be checked the reviews to see if I will purchase.